We want you to be happy with your purchase and will do all we can so that you are completely satisfied. In the unlikely event that you are not, you have a number of remedies at your disposal and subject to certain conditions as outlined in our Terms and Conditions of Trade, you can return the product to us and we will either repair / replace it, or credit your account.
This Policy applies to products bought from Core Furniture Concepts (Pty) Ltd (“Core”) itself and from Third Party Sellers. Please note that 3rd party orders are dealt with separately in section 5 below.
This Policy forms part of the CORE Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
- PREPARING YOUR PRODUCTS FOR A RETURN
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- Advise us of your intention to return product and give us the reasons thereof.
- Provide us with documents and pictures (if required) prior to returning the product, in order for us to ascertain the correct procedures going forward
- Once authorization is given, return the goods as per our instructions (mode of transport, etc)
- Package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- Clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- Include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
- UNWANTED PRODUCTS
You can return an unwanted product to us at no charge, provided:
- the product is a part of our regular stock item, meaning it was not specifically manufactured or imported against your order.
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- you log a return on the Website within 30 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product. After 30 days, you can only return a product if it is defective;
- you have received authorization and provided the product is not:
- Product which has been personalized for you
- Made to your specifications;
- Specifically manufactured or imported against your order; and
- A furniture product that has been assembled after delivery.
You will need to arrange transport to either our Cape Town or Johannesburg Warehouse. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference less a 20% handling fee).
- NOT WHAT YOU ORDERED, PRODUCT DEFECTIVE??
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, or the product is damaged in any way, you have to notify us within 7 days of receipt of goods, advise us about the alleged problem and wait for us to authorize the return.
Once authorized, we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your reason for the return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available within 30 days thereafter); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return or refund you if that is your preference. A refund where the correct and ordered item could be made available to you within 30 days, but where you have elected to NOT accept such replacement delivery, a 20% handling fee will be charged.
- DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this Section 3:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- damage from incorrect use of product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
- signs of handling and/or repackaging.
- STANDARD WARRANTY
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor latent quality (save for direct warranty products which are discussed below), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 12 months after delivery / collection of the product (except in the case of an extended supplier warranty, which is set out below).
You can do so by logging a return on the Website, and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product (if such repair/replacement is possible within a reasonable time of 21 days for repair / 60 days for replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product less a proportional usage time value fee, which will be determined on a case by case basis. Refunds are generally not available for used items but this may be reviewed based on circumstances by the Supplier in their sole discretion on a case by case basis where the suppliers determination in each case shall be final and binding on the parties.
Unless the product carries an extended supplier warranty period (which may well be the case so please check on that with us), we do not facilitate returns or repairs that fall outside of the 12-month period.
- EXTENDED SUPPLIER WARRANTY (STIPULATED ON PRODUCT PAGE)
A product may have a supplier warranty that extends beyond the Standard Warranty. If such a product turns out to be defective more than 12 months after delivery / collection (save for direct warranty products which are discussed below), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect, but in any event within the extended supplier warranty period after delivery / collection of the product.
You can do so by logging a return on the Website and we will facilitate your return of the product to the supplier at no charge. Unfortunately, we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the extended supplier warranty period.
Please note that any extended supplier warranty is subject to whatever terms and conditions the supplier or manufacturer may impose. These are usually stated in a brochure or leaflet inside or on the product packaging. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any such terms and conditions.
It is also important to note that it is at the supplier or manufacturer’s discretion what remedy it can offer you.
Core is under no obligation to provide you with a credit, repair / replacement in respect of extended warranty claims, as your remedy lies with the supplier or manufacturer. However, since we want your experience to be as good as possible, we will of course negotiate any issues with the suppliers or manufacturer on your behalf and look to give you the desired outcome.
- DIRECT WARRANTY (STIPULATED ON PRODUCT PAGE)
A direct warranty product is a product for which the relevant manufacturer wishes to manage defective returns itself, directly with the customer, and not through Core.
If a direct warranty product turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us and we will provide you with the relevant manufacturer’s contact details. Alternatively, you can notify the relevant manufacturer directly if you already have its details. The relevant manufacturer will then assist you further, but if you have any difficulty, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you where we can.
- CHARGES AND REFUNDS
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by EFT or COD (Cash on Delivery) will be refunded to your nominated and validated bank account.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADE
Please note that all our (Core’s) Terms & Conditions of Trade (T&C’s) form the underlying basis of all our transactions and are available for your perusal on our website. Any statement anywhere within our Website or documents in contradiction to our T&C’s, shall be considered to be erroneous and be disregarded in favour of the T&C’s.
We have taken great care to ensure that the applicable laws of the Republic of South Africa are correctly included, but should there be any terms or conditions that are in contravention thereof, then the applicable South African Law shall apply.